MBBS in UK
Medicine is one of the most popular subjects for international students looking to study in the UK. The application process can seem long and complicated, so Career Voyage can help you get admission in top universities to study MBBS in UK.
Entry Requirements for MBBS in UK
We have two universities in UK where we don’t require UKCAT score to secure admission in MBBS program directly without any foundation or additional degree. Course duration will be 5 years. We have very limited seats for these two universities.
Universities are Public Universities so one can be sure about the acceptability and quality of education.
UK Clinical Aptitude Test
The UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) is part of the selection process of some UK medical and dental schools. It is an online test designed to test cognitive abilities, attitudes, critical thinking, and logical reasoning. There are four reasoning tests and a situational judgement test.
– Verbal Reasoning. Assesses ability to think logically about written information and arrive at a reasoned conclusion: 21 minutes, with 11 passages to read and 44 questions.
– Quantitative reasoning. Assesses ability to solve numerical problems: 24 minutes, 9 tables, charts, graphs etc. as information and 36 questions.
– Abstract reasoning. Assesses ability to infer relationships from information by convergent and divergent thinking: 13 minutes and 55 questions.
– Decision Analysis. Assesses ability to deal with various forms of information to infer relationships, make informed judgements, and decide on an appropriate response: 32 minutes, 1 scenario full of information and 28 questions (basic calculator provided)
– Situational Judgement. Measures your responses in situations, and your grasp of medical ethics: 27 minutes and 67 questions on 20 scenarios.
The test is taken at your local test centre, with each subtest in a multiple choice format. Past papers are not available but there are specimen questions on the UKCAT website. UKCAT must be taken by applicants at the following universities:
- University of Aberdeen
- Cardiff University
- University of Dundee
- Durham University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- Keele University
- King’s College London
- University of Leicester
- University of Manchester
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of St Andrews
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Warwick
- University of Central Lancashire UCLAN
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School
For Admissions/enquiry Contact